Tuesday, April 10, 2012

10 Things I've Learned From Japan

This is a bit early, but I was compiling this here list and I thought "You know what? I should post this." So here you go. And it's nice and short, too. So no worries there, ya know?

Also, I will post again, as regularly scheduled, on Thursday.

Further, I could probably make a list much, much longer than just 10 points, but 10 is a good number. I like 10. Got some other suggestions? Post a comment!

Finally, if you are interested in hearing the story behind any one of these points (they all have at least one, probably several), let me know... Post a comment!

And without further ado...



10 Things I've Learned From Japan


1. Toilet seats. They can be heated. And you don't have to be a millionaire to experience this!

2. English is an obscenely hard language created by and for demons and is almost certainly not worth the effort.

My students every day.


3. Everything tastes better raw.

4. There are, in fact, only six continents.

5. Africa is a country. (And a continent. Much like Australia.)

6. I am practically a god at using chopsticks and all shall worship at the alter of my rice bowl.

No, Mr. Miyagi, it is not beginner's luck.


7. If you can say this phrase, you are probably amazing at Japanese: “go hyaku en desu.” Good luck.

8. I look exactly like Tom Cruise.


Me, yesterday.

9. It is possible to commute from Canada to Japan every day for work.

10. Poop is goddamn adorable.

Awwwwww

3 comments:

  1. Poop IS adorable and it has reached Yonge st! (Well.. one store on Yonge st).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they call it "unchi-kun" too? Or do they give it another name?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done my friend! Keep up the fine work. :) Don't give up though mang. (Also, this is Matt... keep forgetting I need to change the "name" of this account... >.<)

    ReplyDelete